In the cutthroat world of fashion, maintaining a competitive edge is a necessary evil for all designers, regardless of their skill levels. In order to achieve this it is necessary to leverage every available resource and use it to its fullest potential. This is partly why clothing design software has become so popular in the fashion design industry. Many creative types find themselves flocking to iPads, Androids, and tablets as ways to remain mobile, stay connect and to make their design concepts a reality. In fact, it has been said that smart phones are the modern day equivalent to yesterday’s fashion designers trusted pencil and sketchpad.
Here Are 10 of the Most Advantageous Mobile Device Applications for Budding Fashion Designers
1. Fashion StartUp – You can use apps such as Fashion StartUp to get products and information that are needed to start your own fashion line on a mobile device. Even if you do not have the slightest idea where to start, Fashion StartUp can show you everything you need to know to become successful within the fashion industry.
2. Penultimate – This application allows users to take down handwritten notes, doodles and sketches direct from the iPad. It offers multi colored inks and has an automatic wrist protection mode to protect pages from smudges.
3. Ruler 2 – As the name implies, Ruler 2 is a replacement tape measure capable of taking quick measurement in both imperial and metric.
4. The Sewing Kit HD – This is a digital inventory management tool, the Sewing Kit app tracks designs, patterns, fabrics and other items to prevent overstocking or running out before re-ordering.
5. Design Library – An extensive library of information surrounding designers from the 1750s through to the 1990s, this learning app aims to help designers learn by example.
6. MyPantone – This is a complete color database and is capable of recognizing rare or unique color combinations.
7. The Cut on the Runway – Similar to many news and current event apps, The Cut on the Runway helps subscribers stay current with the latest runway trend, news and other important events.
8. Art Authority – Kind of like the Pinterest of the art world, Art Authority allows users to gain access to a collection of work from thousands of artists from around the globe to find inspiration.
9. Moodboard – Moodboard aims to reduce distractions by giving designers a medium to showcase their work and current projects all in one place.
10. Fotopedia Heritage – This application is a library of global heritages where designers can find worldwide inspiration without ever having to leave their studio.
Startingaclothingline.com is a place for fashion designers to join, learn, network, and receive the latest advice, tips and clothing design software reviews from experts.
1 person likes this post.